My favorite toy stores in NYC (in no particular order):
- Playing Mantis in Tribeca – Very natural and Waldorf-y, mostly wood, quiet, friendly.
- Kidding Around – West 15th St – Bad website, good store. Good general selection of toys, good frequent buyer program.
- Kid-O – West Village – high design, Montessori-oriented. Good gifts in general, but especially good for pleasing pretentious parents.
- Boomerang – Tribeca – Good general selection of toys.
- Half Pint – DUMBO, Brooklyn – Great place, super friendly, near a great playground and Bubby’s.