Aw, hell yeah, raw key lime pie!
I just freestyled a raw key lime pudding and it came out so good, I had to write about it. Here is what I put in my Vita-Mix:
- Coconut water from one freshly-opened young coconut
- Coconut flesh from two young coconuts
- Juice from 4 limes (roll them — hard — on a counter before cutting to make more juice come out)
- Zest from 2 limes
- (Approx.) 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked for an hour prior, drained
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup of pre-blended Irish moss
I blended it until it was ridiculously smooth and then I put it in wine glasses, you know, just to be sexy. That’s how I roll.
It is far, far less sweet than a key lime pie would be (for that level of sweetness, I would probably triple or quadruple the number of dates, or just use a cup of agave or something). It’s very tangy and smooth. A mint leaf garnish would be nice, or perhaps a single raspberry or very perfect small strawberry.