I just made one, and it is spectacular. I usually make it for one, since I like it very fresh and no one else in my family likes it. This is exactly one serving.
- 1 hard boiled egg (I start in room-temp water and time 12 minutes after boiling starts. Keep at low boil and cool immediately afterward.)
- 1/2 or so stalk of celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 handful Italian, flat leaf parsley, chopped fine (chiffonade)
- 1/2 handful fresh watercress, chopped fine (chiffonade)
- 1 Tbs mayonnaise (I use Spectrum Organic in the glass jar – I hate mayo in plastic.)
- Few grinds of black pepper
- Pinch of black truffle salt from The Filling Station
- 1/2 tsp Coleman’s dry mustard – they have it at Whole Foods – this is the key to the awesomeness, methinks!
Stir it all together and eat! I know typical egg salad usually has onions/shallots/scallions/chives in it. Sometimes I put them in, sometimes I don’t. I made it this way (sans onions) and it still came out ok.