I apologize for the conceptual bankruptcy I am demonstrating this month by only posting alerts instead of the fascinating and incisively witty (humor me) blog posts to which you have been accustomed. But Lifekind is having a 40% off sale on some of their mattresses, and as you can see, I absolutely love their stuff, and highly recommend their mattresses. They are NOT CHEAP, but they are the REAL DEAL in organic mattresses. No artificial flame retardant (which is carcinogenic, BTW) – they achieve compliance with flame retardant standards through natural materials like wool, cotton and natural latex. Read up on this, and school yourself, fool. Their customer service is incredible, their products are high quality, and they do the right thing for the environment. And, I have never received anything from them (no discount, no perk, no anything) in return for reviewing them or saying anything about them. I just love them. I’ve been a customer for probably 10 years now and I cannot say enough good things. If you are in the market for a mattress, now is the time. Sale goes until Friday, 4/26/13.
I love Lifekind for bedding, towels, mattresses, pillows, linens, furniture, baby stuff, laundry stuff, bath stuff, etc. I have ordered from them for years (at least 7) and I wrote a post a year ago extolling the virtues of their mattresses and pillows, but I thought it was worth repeating, because 1.) I love them so much, and 2.) they have a discount code “SUMMER11” for 10% off when you order online. I don’t know how long that code will last, but it worked for me (I just ordered some pillowcases).
Many things about Lifekind impress me.
- Their customer service is excellent. They have intelligent and helpful people manning the phone.
- When you tell them to keep you off the mailing list, they do it (unlike most other catalog companies).
- Their stuff is VERY well made (yes, it’s definitely not cheap, but worth every penny, imho).
- They’ll send samples of materials for allergy testing (not that I have had to use this, but it’s an awesome idea!)
- A lot of their stuff is American made (my recent pillowcases are!) and it’s a good idea to support American manufacturing, especially high-quality American manufacturing, such as what Lifekind sources.
- They make their own mattresses, and they make them to order. If you need anything customized, it’s no problem. You aren’t getting something that’s been sitting around in a warehouse.
I get them at Lifekind and I have been very happy with the quality and service. I have their natural latex mattress and the wool and rubber pillows. They make each mattress to order, so you’re not getting anything that is sitting around. The biggest benefit for me, though, is there are no artificial fireproofing chemicals on their stuff. They meet the fireproofing requirements naturally. You can read all about it on their mattress information page and in their FAQs.